Monday, February 11, 2008

smoochy gooey valentine..

I overheard a clerk in the office today, saying she wanted to shop for a new vavavoom dress for the coming Valentine's Day. She even told her colleagues that she's taking a half-day leave on that special day to celebrate it with her boyfriend.

Ahhh, I thought to myself -the pre-valentine preparations.

Where the girls will be busy with making themselves look hotter and hoping for something romantica, the guys on the other hand, will be busy counting and saving every penny just to afford a bouquet of flowers and a romantic lobster bisque a deux or any dish as long as its impressive (and burn holes in the pocket!) to make it special for the girls.

Ehem...which usually will cost them minimum RM200 to prepare those two. And ohh, don't forget the Valentine's gift as well! Oh yea babeh...burn holes in the saving accounts with the hike up prices of flowers and absurd price tags on the petite-sized heart shape meals. Even the potkadoted heart shape latte will cause double from the usual price!

Anyway, Valentine always poses as an awesome day for those who are in coupledom, are dreadful for singletons and is of absolutely of no consequences for people who never really care about Valentine.

As a voter for the latter group, I'm indifferent whether I celebrated Valentine or not. For one thing, it's overrated like Titanic (in which I never watch the film ever in my life) and two, there's sunflower everywhere - on the streets, in the shopping malls, in the LRTs and even in McDonalds! I hate it, sunflower's debris makes my nose itch and my eyes watery.

However, despite my current state of singlehood, I never always been single and had past relationships where I had to endure the Valentine's celebrations outside. I never really enjoyed it, maybe its the food, maybe its the ambiance or maybe its just not the right company. Lol~! I'm being mean!! *guffaw*

Got to say, my best Valentine celebration was eons of years ago and it wasn't even on February 14th! It was the weekend after Valentine's and I was kidnapped to a candle light super with the best double-cheese burger I've ever had with fries and a large Coke while playing scrabbles and listening to jazzy tunes. It was simple awesome.. ;)

Although I don't think much of Valentine's Day, I respect those hopeless romantics out there who went all the way to make it a really special moment for their love ones. I think it's a pretty sweet gesture and it shows appreciation of having each other in life.

Anyway, last but not least, be merry on Valentine's Day or any other day. Life's too short to be in a sorry and pathetic state. For those singletons out there, never fret whenever its February. Remember the famous quote? Every dog has it day, haha! And relax, you can't be lonely when you like the person you're alone with..

Either way, hitched or not, cheers to LOVE~!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

allow jan,,, its a bit naif maybe if i just suddenly showed up n i say that the memory of u suddenly crossed my thought when i was back in indo...
well it is true... hahah
i just wanna go karaoke w u n do fun things lets say i miz u in a good way? (is there any bad way of missing some1 anyway?) anyway,,, i wish i can miz u,,, whatre u goin to do on valentine? (walopun gw dah tau jawabanya kalo lo bakal abisin waktu ama cowo' lo) hahah looking 4ward 2 c u