Thursday, February 14, 2008

uncomplicated love..

Love used to be so simple when I was in school.

I had someone who loved me like crazy, but not in that cheesy kind of way. It was simple genuine love. He never expect much in return, in fact, he never expect anything from me. He was the giver and I, being my selfish self was the ultimate taker.

I never really bother to make him happy, I wasn't the type who show much of affection. I was cold on the outside. But I was lucky he knew me well. He knew despite of my outlook, I actually care. And it's amazing how we carried on for years without saying much about it - both of us understand the arrangement.

But now, everything about love needs to be confirmed and clarified. It's not so simple anymore.

Maybe I'm not that simple-minded anymore. I've learned to give and take. I've also pick-up the habit of having expectations - maybe because I was pampered before, maybe because I was never on the giving side before. Expectation became a natural thing in relationship.

Frankly, I've forgotten how it's like to just trust my instinct and somehow "know" that everything will work out fine without hoping or expecting much. I've forgotten how simple and rewarding it is to just leave things as it be. I've forgotten all about the simple gestures.

Maybe its time to remember it again as life is already complicated enough - let love be the simpler thing...

p/s: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ;)

No comments: