Thursday, July 26, 2007

parents...(take a deep breath)

Parents. Ahhh...parents.

You can't live with them and you can't live without them. Parents are an entire set of species that comes from Pluto, if you ask me. No matter what and how we explain to make them understand, well, they just don't. They have their own set of Plutonian language, their own ways of doing things. There's no such word as compromising in their dictionary and no matter how rightful you can be, you are always WRONG. And they are always right because they taste the salt way before than we do (makan garam terlebih dahulu).

Another thing that really ticks me is the fact that parents can't seem to understand why their children needs privacy. If they can't understand, at least, they should cut us some slack and respect that every human being need their own space. It's purely a simple logic, if you ask me.

My mother, a creature from south of Pluto is someone who doesn't believe in locking doors. On one fateful Sunday morning, she knocked on my door and tries to open it. But it was locked from the inside. She got all worked up and starting banging on my door, shouting and asking me to open it. I could hear her loud and clear but was very groggy to even open up my eyes. And when I finally open the door, she fire straight to my face, "What's wrong with you? Why did you lock the door? Showing me attitudes."

WHAT THE HELL? Mom, is it wrong to lock my own door? Would it kill someone if I did? Gosh, tak pasal pasal kena. She's someone who shoot first and ask later. In many occasions, she would give her piece of mind before I can even open my mouth to explain. I got fed-up at one point and stop explaining things to her. But then, when I let her have her say and shut up, she complains that I never bother to explain or tell her what's going on!

I tried to talk to her like an adult, I swear, I tried! Told her that I need to live my own life, own space and privacy. But she didn't get it. According to Mom, she have the right to barge in and question me because she's my mother, it's not breech of privacy, she's just concern and genuienely interested in my life. And everytime, Mom prevails to shut me up (she holds a PhD in reverse psychology) and never fail to leave me irritated and guilty to the max!

Oh, I give up.

These days, when Mom screws me, I'll just slash ignore. Unless if she's really out of the line, then I'll say something back. Not to disrespect Mom or anything, but I got to stand up for myself sometimes. Darn, what else can I do? I can't move out, Mom will make me suffer of guiltiness of abandoning her to age alone. And I can't be the obedient daughter either, I'll go crazy if I jadi pak angguk as long as I live under her roof.

So, what can I do? How? How?... SABAR je lar!!

No comments: