Friday, May 11, 2007

born to be with guys..

My late childhood companion used to say that I was born to be with the guys..

For one thing, I grew up around boys. My first bestfriend ever was the boy across the street. My cousins that's around my age are all boys -on both side of the family. And my earliest friends are the boys in the neighbourhood and I only mixed with boys in kindergarden. It's all because I enjoy playing "police-entry" more rather than playing masak-masak with the girly-girls.

I guess Papito (my dad) somehow knew if I don't mix with any girls, I'll end up being a tomboy, in which I'm already one even before I went into primary school. Papito enrolled me in BBGS, an all girls school, in hope that I would act like a daughter should. Well, it paid off, I learned a few things about being a girl. It also did me good because in my alma mater is where I established quite a number of precious girlfriends. Ironically, at the same time, I've also gained quite an equal number of new guy friends too - from other all-boys schools and tons of other unexpected multi-network of friends. Papito used to roll his eyes when boys showed up at the gate of my house. Papito always saying, why isn't there any girls looking for me. ;)

Obvious reason I like being with my male buddies is that, its much comfortable to let loose with the them. And plus, they don't yack about my dressings like most my girlfriends do. They give brutally honest opinions WHEN I ask and after a fight or two with them, patching things up are much easier. I could be strangling and beat the crap out of a guy friend today and patch things up as soon as the fight ended and share a bowl of pan mee together.

But if I were to be mad at a girlfriend, I would bottle-up most of the time. Reason being is females are more sensitive in dealing with all the talks. And also because I know how I can be when I'm mad. I have this bad side of me that is really really bad in controlling my anger that my voice tend to shriek consistently until at one point, I WILL YELL merciless. Those who have faced my wrath know how kejam I can be at times and for those who never really see me naik angin, be thankful that I still have respect towards you people.

Another reason that I bottle-up is that I can seriously utter tahap dewa nasty lines right on a person's face. But I usually hold myself back because I really hate the aftermath and consequences of that actions - I hate making girls cry or facing their reflex-reaction of turning into a bitch just to stand up to their words. So, because of all that, I would usually just shut up.

I guess I never have that much of girlfriends anyway because of the differences in mentality. That is why, I can swear to whoever reading this that only a small number of girlfriends I have today are the okay-superb type in my eyes. Let me elaborate. They don't bitch about other people and even if they do, they know their limits. They don't comment on my life and even if they do, they tell me nicely, in appropriate manner AND always at the right timing. The rest are just some girls not worth having as a friend but since they exist in my surroundings, I have no choice but to just mingle with them.

Aiseh, I've strayed away.

Back to the point, so yeaa..with the above reasons, I find that, being with the guys are much more easier. As complicated they may be as males, they are simply simple-minded people when it comes to friendship. I reckon, that is why I have more lasting friendship with them. About the saying where I was born to be with the guys....I would prefer it better if the word "guys" is swap with the word "studs"... *guffaw*

Anywho, guys, cheers and bottom's up!!

No comments: