Friday, August 31, 2007

enduring weddings..

Received four wedding invitations this Sunday. Three of the reception will be at noon -4pm and another one will be a Chinese-style wedding dinner. OMFG..I'll go bulimic surely, if I decide to show up for all.

Let's face it, there's usually about three out of ten weddings that I (or you) can really get excited about and trully want to get my sorry ass to the meaningful events (without having hidden agenda like oogling at men in baju melayu..I'm such a sucker for them!). For the rest of the peeps, well, I just need to "make an appearance" - you know, exchanging fake smiles with aunties and uncles while enduring their famous quote of "KAHWINLAH ANDA SEBELUM ANDA DIKAHWINKAN" and passing along the red-packet...all for the sake of perpetuating the thinly veiled fabrication that I actually care.. seriously...

Plus, the cards says, Miss Jannah Zarmani and partner. I'm pretty sure that other peeps will bring their other half and as usual, will start pestering me to get one pronto if I show up alone. Not to mention, their pesky unwanted advise about love and career. Forgive me for venting here for a sec, but can you people just keep your mouth shut or stuff some food instead? I need space to breathe too.

And to mutual friends of Mr.Ehem and myself, please God please, just leave your sympathetic glance at home. Yea, its written all over your faces! Here's some newsflash - I'm seeing single because all good men are either taken, gay or they decide to devote themselves in some monastry. What's left are guys who have absolutely no clue of what women (or themselves) wants, in which, if I'm stupid enough not to restrain myself from believing there's a silver lining, it will only lead to an extraordinary waste of time. And frankly, I have no energy to start something more than flirting in this century, enough said, full stop

Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I'm going full force on sharpening my sarcasm to endure the hassle of "making appearance" this weekend. Come what may.. I WILL bite if provoked. /Jann doing the Bruce Lee's famous celet kat hidung..

No comments: