Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007 in a nutshell...not (part 1)

If I were to describe what 2007 is to me in one word, then it would be "self-discovery". Of course knowing my need to elaborate (I am a woman after all), below are some of rumination of this year.

January
I started off 2007 by travelling to here and there, all in the first month of 2007. It was tiring but good. Had the most awesome and fulfilling trip to Hong Kong (the best of all countless times I've been there) and managed to drag my mother to join the island-hopping session in Langkawi. As for Singapore, sigh, was hospitalized due to severe allergic reaction to aspirin - marks yet another near death experience for me.

February
My final year of degree. Started off pretty good actually. Had a few short trips to Bentong, Johor, Malacca and all over KL and PJ area. And had a hot Valentine night, don't get funny ideas. It was really a humid night. ;p

March - July
Slow progress. Was juggling studies, assignments, final year project and part-time jobs and projects. Had absolutely no time for myself and mom babble heaps. Was tired most of the times and neglected all friends - they whacked me.

August
Awesome month. Jess flew back just in time for my 25th birthday. Had a few good weeks with old friends, catching up and updating each other (and others) news. Had an interesting nerve-wrecking first date ever with a guy who wore a checkered shirt and such a klutz. I can't believe how bold and reckless I was to ask him out, considering that he's a friend. But nevertheless, it was the most awesome random thing I did this year.

September - November
Results for first semester was good and was satisfied with my half hard work, heh. Was worrying about everything and nothing. My health deteriorates, got hospitalized twice but managed to keep it a secret from mom. I'm such an amazing liar. And had to face people from my past, it didn't go very well but at least, I did not run or side step the matter. Had an emotional period for two weeks -for myself and other related souls.

Degree done! Adious APIIT and student life! No, I didn't really enjoy it cause it was very taxing to study and find money at the same time. Surprisingly had a few hundred bucks in savings (I can't even remember where it came from) and splurge it on food and one week trip to Penang and Ipoh. Jobless for the WHOLE month - I have no idea why there's no work for me whenever I was so free...sigh.. The craze of applying for permanent jobs starts.

December
Had a temporary job for two weeks. Got a few job offer but I declined. Got sexual harrasted by some fucker and made a police report. Interviewed by UOB and got the job - I'm starting on January 2nd. Was also shortlisted with IBM and went for the Apt Test, but heck, don't think I will be called for any interview laaa... such a gone case. Had visits from a few foreigner buddies and spending time with them was simply splendid - different mentality. It was refreshing.

Been doing some serious thinking about everything and nothing (yet again) as well as future possibilities...

...............................part 2 will be publish tonight...if I rajin laa...

No comments: