Saturday, December 15, 2007

my dude no longer..

"Hey, your dude was in the [some business magazine name] today. He was involved in the Batu Puteh case with his dad. Apparently, people pertikaikan why the son of AG must be there as well.", Mir said while we were driving in Bangsar Village.

"Really? Yea, I knew about his dad handling the Batu Puteh case but he's in London doing his LLM lar. So, how come he's with his dad now? Erm...", I replied without much care.

Interesting "evolution", I thought to myself.

I knew 'my dude' since high school days. Back then, he was just some boy who plays guitar, failed his accounting paper and irritates me non-stop. Now, he's a career-minded man (and so he claims) and a Federal Counsel representing the country to claim Batu Puteh. See the leap? Understand what I mean by "evolution"?

Somehow, I'm not impressed.

Cause he grew up to be someone I barely knew. I'm aware that people change for the better but I'm not fond of the idea, well, especially not in his case. But heck, who am I to say anything? He's no longer 'my dude'....

No comments: